Pages

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Well...Hello There

After spending numerous days, hours, and even weeks looking at other people's blogs, I have decided it is time for me to start my own.  I have an interesting life, right?  Okay, maybe not so much, but I am INSANELY jealous of people who can blog about their lives as a full-time job.  I have three loves in my life - my husband (who will also contribute from time to time!), reading, and cooking.  This blog will be about all those things.  Well, that and something that I don't love loathe, but that is absolutely necessary to my sanity and health - running.  I also love teaching (most of the time), but might have to keep my students out of this.  Wouldn't want to lose my job!

I love cooking and baking, and my husband loves eating.  We are the perfect pair!  Unfortunately, I also love to eat (especially sweets).  Most of the food that I cook is fairly healthy but not always, of course!  Look for posts about the recipes I attempt (good or bad).  Whole wheat, fresh, non-artificial foods fill my kitchen.  Over the last few weeks, I've transitioned from artificial sweeteners to the real thing.  Those chemicals just can't be good for our bodies.  We've also failed many attempts at vegetarianism and veganism (is that what it would be called?)   My hubby and I both grew up in small farming communities.  Meat is essential, and I love to cook with it!  Mind you, I do try to stick with Smart Chicken. 

When I'm on a roll, I'll also read about a book a week.  Discussing books has quickly become a passion of mine.  Love them so much!   

As with everything else, this blog is a work in progress.  The best way I can think to grow my "fan-base" is to become fans of others.  If I've made a comment on your wall, I REALLY appreciate you checking this out.  Stop back often!

Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment