Pages

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Green Bean Tater Tot Casserole

This recipe has been a favorite of my family for years.  My mom started making this for me as a little girl, and I still enjoy it from time to time.  Not only that, but I have gotten my hubby hooked! I'm not sure where she got the recipe from.  My guess would be a church cookbook.  The best part about this recipe is the simpleness of it all.  Very easy.  Very delicious.  Enjoy!

Green Bean Tater Tot Casserole
Source:  Dear Mom
Servings:  4-5

Ingredients
1 lb. hamburger
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 c. milk
1 can green beans, drained
tater tots
small onion, chopped
crushed red pepper, optional

#1)  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Brown hamburger and onion over medium high heat.  Add a pinch of red pepper, if desired.


#2)  Drain grease from ground beef.  Put in the bottom of sprayed (greased) round casserole dish.  (Round or 8x8)

#3) Drain beans and spread on top of ground beef.  Note:  I use no added salt canned vegetables.

#4)  Spread tater tots on top of beans.  Make sure to place them very close together. 


#5) Mix milk and soup REALLY well in a small bowl with a whisk.  I've noticed that fat free milk adds to the hot dish being watery.  I always use 2%.  Pour over the casserole.  Add salt/pepper, if desired.  Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees until bubbly and brown. 
#6)  Remove and let set for a minimum of 5 minutes.  I usually serve with bread and salad.  Enjoy!

1 comment: